5th September 2016
Published by: Emma Jenkins
Enjoy the most magical Christmas Experience with your family at the Audley End Miniature Railway. Take our Santa Express deep into the woods of the Audley End Estate where you will arrive at Father Christmas’s Winter Wonderland! You will meet the big man himself, along with his VERY cheeky Elves, receive a special gift and also watch a crazy Christmas Dance!
Once you have returned from Father Christmas’s Winter Wonderland, you can then visit the Craft Area where you can write Father Christmas a letter and post it to him in our festive post box and also create your very own Christmas Craft! If your train is later on in the day/evening we recommend you turn up before hand to enjoy these activities first. All pre-booked tickets have now sold out, you can turn up and purchase tickets on the day, please see below for more information.
Regarding purchasing tickets on the day – CLICK HERE
Date – 26th & 27th November, 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th-24th December
Site Opens – 9.30am (10.00am on Saturday 3rd December)
First Train Runs – 10.00am (10.20am on Saturday 3rd December)
Last Train Runs – varies for different days (Last train is 2.20pm on Christmas Eve)
26th & 27th November – Adult – £10.00 | Child – £10.00 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
3rd & 4th December – Adult – £11.00 | Child – £11.00 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
10th & 11th December – Adult – £11.50 | Child – £11.50 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
17th – 23rd December – Adult – £11.50 | Child – £11.50 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
24th December – Adult – £12.00 | Child – £12.00 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
Tickets are also available to buy on the day at a cheaper rate, however you may have to queue for the next available train as pre-booked tickets have priority when boarding. We recommend you arrive on site at 9.30am to purchase your tickets for an allocated hourly time slot. This is when you are able to enter into the queueing area for the next available train, your wait will be a maximum of 1 hour. We are limited to 1000 pay on the day customers, these tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Site Opens: 9.30am (10.00am on Saturday 3rd December) (Last train on Christmas Eve is 2.20pm). The last entry onto site for people who are buying tickets on the day will be 3.00pm (1.00pm on Christmas Eve) or if we reach our capacity of 1000 customers the site will be closed and access will only be given to pre-booked customers.
First Train Runs: 10.00am (10.20am on Saturday 3rd December)
Included in the price is:
– Train ride to visit Father Christmas and his cheeky Elves
– A present for every child
– Letter writing or Christmas Decoration making in the Craft Tent
– Use of the Picnic and Play Area
– Christmas Dance Tent
– Your Train Ride and experience with Father Christmas will last approximately 35/40 minutes. You can also use the site, visit the Craft Tent, Signal Box Cafe, Gift Shop etc. at your own leisure, before or after your train ride. Once you have arrived on site we advise you to allow approximately 2 hours for your visit in addition to any queues for buying tickets on the day and waiting for your train ride.
– You can arrive before your train time, there is no limit as to what time you can enter onto site, however you must be ready to board your train 10/15 minutes before departure. Please allow at least 30 minutes to park your car and walk onto site too. If you are booked onto the first timetabled train, the site will be open 30 minutes before hand to allow you to be ready to board your train at the correct time.
– If your train time is after 3.00pm (1.00pm Christmas Eve) we recommend you turn up earlier to take advantage of our other activities available like the Craft Tent, Play Area, Gift Shop and the Signal Box Cafe before your train ride. Bouncy Castle, Carousel and/or Swingboats may also be available for an extra charge. The last entry for all extra activities is usually 4.40pm (2.20pm on Christmas Eve).
– The last train on Christmas Eve is 2.20pm
– The Signal Box Cafe, Gift shop and Play Area will also be open, along with Bouncy Castles (weather permitting, £2.00 per child for unlimited use)
– Disabled passengers will need to purchase a ticket for everyone but their carer. Please bring along documentary evidence of your carer’s status. There is parking available for Blue Badge holders on the main site. If you require the Disabled Carriage please call 01799 542134 to book your tickets as we will need to check the availability.
– If there are no advance tickets left for the date you would like to come, please just turn up on the day as tickets will be available to buy from the ticket hut. However you may have to queue for the next available train as pre-booked tickets have priority when boarding. We recommend you arrive on site at 9.30am to purchase your tickets for an allocated hourly time slot. This is when you are able to enter into the queueing area for the next available train, your wait will be a maximum of 1 hour. We are limited to 1000 pay on the day customers, these tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
– The Enchanted Fairy and Elf Walk is not included in this event. It closed on the 9th October for the winter months.
1 mile west of Saffron Walden on the B1383. M11 southbound exit 10, M11 northbound exits 8 & 9. Follow the brown tourist information signs to Audley End House. We are located directly opposite the main entrance to the Audley End House.
Audley End Miniature Railway,
Audley End Road,
Nearest mainline railway station is Audley End. Approximately 1 mile from Miniature Railway.
We are about a one mile walk from Saffron Walden, with the nearest bus stop at the Saffron Walden County High School. It would take you about 10-15 minutes to walk to us.