6th December 2016
Published by: Emma Jenkins
On Sunday 4th December we were lucky enough to see some beautiful blue skies, whilst we welcome such lovely weather it did result in us reaching our full capacity of pay on the day customers as they took full advantage of the sunshine. As a result of this we have reviewed the system in place to try and improve customers experience on site and reduce queueing time. We would like to thank all of the customers that attended our Christmas Special on Sunday 4th December and congratulate them and their extremely well behaved children for waiting in an uncomfortably long queue so patiently!
– We have introduced a limit of 1000 Pay on the Day customers that can attend our event between the hours of 9.30am – 5.00pm.
– When purchasing your ticket you will now be allocated an hour time slot to which you can enter the queueing area for the next available train, this is only applicable to the train journey and does not apply to the other activities on site.
– We can accommodate 130 Pay on the Day customers per hour onto the trains.
– These tickets will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
– Once you have bought your tickets and for example, your time slot is not for another two hours, you are able to enjoy all other activities such as the craft tent, dance tent, play area, cafe and gift shop, before your train ride, as opposed to standing in a queue.
– The site will open from 9.30am. Once we have reached capacity we will not allow any more Pay on the Day customers onto site.
After careful consideration we now regret to inform you that unfortunately we are unable to guarantee you a train ride. However, once you have bought tickets you are 100% guaranteed a train ride and to enjoy all other activities on site.
Please understand that we have reviewed the system for your own safety and enjoyment and to ensure that your experience on the day is as stress-free and relaxing as possible. The new system will give you a better understanding of when you are most likely to be boarding a train and improve your experience at the Audley End Miniature Railway.