4th September 2016
Published by: Emma Jenkins
Experience a spoooooky Halloween Train Ride deep into the woods of the Audley End Estate to visit the Witches at their Haunted House! Meet the Witches themselves, receive a special treat and watch them perform their wonderful witchey dance, but make sure you behave yourself so the Witches don’t cast a spell on you!
Once you have returned from the Witches Haunted House, you can then visit the Craft Area where you can create your very own Halloween themed craft!
Date – 22nd – 31st October
Site Opens – 10.00am (Site opens at 1.30pm on the 31st)
First Train Runs – 10.20am (First train on the 31st is 2.00pm)
Last Train Runs – 4.40pm (Later running times for the 28th, 29th, 30th & 31st)
22nd – 27th October – Adult – £10.50 | Child – £10.50 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
28th – 31st October – Adult – £11.50 | Child – £11.50 | 0 – 24 Months – Free
Tickets are also available to buy on the day at a cheaper rate, however you may have to queue for the next available train as pre booked tickets have priority when boarding
Included in the price is:
– Train ride to visit the Witches at their Haunted House
– A gift for every paying child. Gifts for under 2’s can be purchased on the day for £2.00
– Halloween themed craft making in the Craft Tent
– Use of the Picnic and Play Area
– Dance Tent *NEW FOR 2016*
– Your Train Ride and experience with the Witches will last approximately 40 minutes. You can then use the site, visit the Craft Tent, Signal Box Cafe, Gift Shop etc. at your own leisure. We expect our customers visit to last no longer than 3 hours.
– You can arrive before your train time, there is no limit as to what time you can enter onto site, however you must be ready to board your train 15 minutes before departure. Please allow at least 30 minutes to park your car and walk onto site too. If you are booked onto the first timetabled train, the site will be open 30 minutes before hand to allow you to be ready to board your train at the correct time.
– If your train time is after 3.30pm (5.00pm on 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st October) we recommend you turn up earlier to take advantage of our other activities available like the Craft Tent, Dance Tent, Play Area, Gift Shop and the Signal Box Cafe before your train ride. Bouncy Castle, Carousel and/or Swingboats may also be available for an extra charge. The activities will close once the last timetabled train has left the station.
– The Signal Box Cafe, Gift shop and play area will also be open, along with bouncy castles (weather permitting, extra cost of £2.00 per child)
– Disabled passengers will need to purchase a ticket for everyone but their carer. Please bring along documentary evidence of your carer’s status. There is parking available for the Blue Badge holders on the main site. If you require the Disabled Carriage please call 01799 542134 to book your tickets as we will need to check the availability.
– If there are no advance tickets left for the date you would like to come, please just turn up on the day as tickets will be available to buy from the ticket hut. These are not timed trains, you will have to queue up and get on the next available train. We leave seats on every train for people who turn up on the day so the queue is constantly moving.
– The Enchanted Fairy and Elf Walk is not included in this event. It closed on the 9th october for the winter months.
1 mile west of Saffron Walden on the B1383. M11 southbound exit 10, M11 northbound exits 8 & 9. Follow the brown tourist information signs to Audley End House. We are located directly opposite the main entrance to the Audley End House.
Audley End Miniature Railway,
Audley End Road,
Nearest mainline railway station is Audley End. Approximately 1 mile from Miniature Railway.
We are about a one mile walk from Saffron Walden, with the nearest bus stop at the Saffron Walden County High School. It would take you about 10-15 minutes to walk to us.